STAR TREK™: The Original Series first aired in 1966 and left an indelible impact on its adoring audience and continues to inspire technology 50 years later. Among its fully realized characters, colorful costumes, exciting new worlds and technical marvels, one of the elements that have stood the test of time is the design of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC1701, the starship at the center of the adventure. This model kit of the Constitution-class starship was mastered from hands-on research gleaned from the original filming miniature during its conservation by the Smithsonian Institution. Though glue is necessary, the kit assembles easily with the aid of the included pictorial assembly guide. Parts come in copper, clear and two shades of gray to minimize the need for paint. All the details are featured from a precision-crafted interior bridge, hangar deck, and shuttlecraft to thorough waterslide decal markings.
- 1:350 Scale
- Skill Level 2, Glue Required
- Molded-in Gray
- All New Smooth Saucer Parts
- Updated Full-Color Painting Guide
- Based on measurements from the 11’ miniature used to film Star Trek™: the Original Series
- Miniature shuttle included with markings for the Galileo and the Columbus!
- Finished model measures over 32” long
- Accurate interior including a hangar deck and detailed bridge featuring view-screen, captain’s chair, and consoles.